Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 20, 2020

RIMBAUD ET MOI


So, the latest publication news with a poem by me which originally was first published in The Dark Pool mgv2>publishing, 2015. This book is currently out of print, so it's nice to see one of the poems which appeared in it having a new lease of life appearing as it does in this international anthology published by Editions du Pont de l'Europe. Yan Kouton also has a poem in it, so its nice to have a poem appearing alongside of him in this predominantly French publication. I am the only Irish poet included, so that's a very nice distinction too. And particularly nice coming as it does on the heels of the recent Fingal poetry festival who didn't even have the decency to invite me along! I won't ever forget that particular snub, 'extraordinary begrudgery' the phrase coined by Terry Eagleton on this particularly insidious Irish phenomenon springs to mind.

Anyway, this is why you send your writing away, far out of here! It's why I left the place all those years ago, not that I am sorry at all to have come back. I do understand, I am a Cork man, after all, writing in the tradition of the French poets of the later part of the 19th century! That's a tall order for some folk to get their heads around. Sur half the people that you meet in this country, so called poets too, have never even heard of Arthur Rimbaud. How many, I wonder, who actually attended the Fingal gig have, I wonder? No, I don't really wonder... Good luck to them, good luck to them all!

If you are interested in getting a copy of this anthology, here is the link below. 




https://editionsdupontdeleurope.eproshopping.fr/1199832-rimbaud-et-moi-59-artistes-et-auteurs-a-travers-le-monde.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment