Total Pageviews

Monday, June 3, 2019

Shadab Zeest Hashmi

I first met Shadab by way of Richard Krawiec of Jacar Press. Richard put us in contact when Shadab was travelling through Ireland with her family for a few days. She was interested in giving a reading...

I'm just stopping myself here, as I kind of told this story in the next link I'm going to post here. So, what can I do here instead?...

Ah, just cut straight to the link, I guess. Not before saying that Shadab and I hope to do some collaborative work in the future. Greece being a common theme...

Oh yes, and she was kind enough to write an article about The Gladstone Readings, see link below.

And finally, did I say that she was GREAT!...

Here we are sitting in The Gladstone Inn , Skerries.







There was just the two of us, and her lovely family. You always wonder if you're going to hit it off with a fellow poet or not, but with Shadab there was never any doubt. She was just such good company, clearly ready to engage with anybody who wished to discuss and read poetry. The locals, on a funny note, were rather confused. They wanted to watch the bleeding match, we were sitting under the television screen. But seriously dudes, TV on poetry night! Get a grip...

https://liveencounters.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Live-Encounters-Poetry-Writing-October-2018r.pdf

http://jacarpress.com/ghazal-cosmopolitan/



No comments:

Post a Comment