Total Pageviews

Monday, April 22, 2019

Poem cycle from Datura - poems taken from Merrion Square


I haven't posted anything in a while. So, here is the latest publication from my old partner in crime the irrepressible Walter Ruhlmann. It is really a wonderful resource Datura, full of poems in French and English. Walter is to be commended, as he is one of a handful of people out there promoting bilingual publications. Very happy to be teamed up with him again, here.

Just a short note on the texts.

You will find a sonnet by Ronsard, coming from Les Amours. I was really struck by some of Ronsard's poetry, coming as it does from the 16th century. And lo and behold you can see the origins of Baudelaire. That was a really beautiful discovery for me to make. So, I transversed one, see inside.

The cycle of poems that are published here are all taken from my last full length collection of poems called Merrion Square. I have been working in the area for the past year and a half, and I naturally started writing poems on the commute to and from work.

Just as Baudelaire became the central figure of Henry Street Arcade, see Flare 8, Oscar Wilde became the inspiration behind Merrion Square.

Bon lecture!



https://issuu.com/mgversion2/docs/issue_3_04_19

No comments:

Post a Comment