Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Scum Gentry

Nice to see the return of the Scum Gentry, punk lit is a rare genre of literature to see these days, particularly in conventional old Ireland. Ross Breslin is back at the helm, Ross and I go back to the site's inception over five or so years ago now.

It was nice to see one of my old Rathmines poems surfacing on the newly vamped site. I must have wrote this poem over 18 or so years ago, when I was working on The Dark Pool. Although it never managed to fit into that collection, for some reason. It ended up on The Muse is a Dominatrix, also published by Walter Ruhlmann for mgv2>publishing, which he runs over in France.

It's early days for the Gents yet, but do dig in and explore around. Submit some of your wild ones, if you dare!

This poem was my comment on the paedophile scandal which rocked the nation, and perhaps my most inspired anti-clerical piece.

Bon Lecture!

https://the-scum-gentry-alternative-arts.com/our-lady-of-refuge-rathmines/

No comments:

Post a Comment