Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 26, 2019

5 War Poems

A big thank you to Mark Ulyseas, Editor of Live Encounters Poetry, for publishing five short poems from Say Goodbye to the Blackhills. 

These poems were inspired by recent events, as reported in the media. The rumors of war, they seem to be every where. I have read a lot of books on the subject, like a lot of people I guess. So, it is not to difficult to imagine war breaking out. Its not as if it would be the first time.

I tried to imagine it happen though all around me, I mean visualizing it on the street on my way to work, or on the train coming home or going to work on the commute. That was the challenge. Well, these short five poems were the result.

 https://liveencounters.net/le-poetry-writing-2019/06-june-pw-2019/peter-oneill-war-poems/

No comments:

Post a Comment