Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Seamus Heaney’s Aeneid, Book VI - a poem made up of 2 sonnets, and mare ...



If you are interested in getting a copy of the broadsheet, or Einblattdruck , from the publisher PalmArtPress in Berlin, please go to the following link where you can procure one - see Einblattdruck Nr. 110. 



These two sonnets which make up the poem Seamus Heaney's Aeneid, Book VI are part of an unpublished collection called mare nostrum which treats the ancient Roman presence at Drumanagh Promontory at Loughshinny Harbour here in north county Dublin, not far from my hometown of Skerries.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank all the team at Fingal Arts who were responsible for making me the Writer in Residence at the Boathouse there during the spring of 2016. It was a truly magical experience for me which I have very fond memories of. 

I am a blow in from Cork, so to be up here writing about the ancient Roman presence at the promontory must appear to some of the locals kind of funny, but this is what us blow ins do.

I will leave some further links to this particular project here. If you happen to be a publisher, the book is quite unique and remains unpublished...

As I say in my short film, Thomas Brezing and I gave a copy to Marie Heaney who seemed very content with the Einblattdruck at the time. She is a lovely woman, and it was a very real pleasure to meet up with her.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment