Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Elm Tree, Lapwing, 2014 - first full length collection



I was first published, to the best of my knowledge, by Maire Holmes who was the editor at The Galway Review at the time. This was in December 2012, see link below. So almost eight years ago now. Then, throughout 2013, I got as many poems published as I could so that I could approach a publisher with a book. I had numerous manuscripts to choose poems from: The Dark Pool, Dublin Gothic, More Micks than Dicks, Divertimento - The Muse is a Dominatrix...

Well, I got sections from each of these books published, and so I decided to group all of the published poetry from all five collections into a kind of selected poems, which is what I did, and I sent it to Lapwing in Belfast. A lot of the poems were being published by A New Ulster at the time, so it made sense. The Greig family, both Amos ( ANU ) and Dennis ( Lapwing ) have published so many poets here in Ireland, and on both sides of the boarder, as well as abroad.

Dennis Greig was wonderful, we put The Elm Tree together in a matter of days and before I knew it twenty or so promotional copies were in the post for me to distribute among well wishers and friends. I sent Ross Breslin from The Scum Gentry a copy to review ( see link below ) and Christine Murray of Poethead ( see link ) which they both did. And two very good reviews they are too.

If you are interested in reading my poetry, The Elm Tree is probably the best place to start as it will give you a good sense of my scope; the book encapsulates extracts from six of my collections, most of which are out of print now. I am currently trying to find a publisher interested in reprinting the books which are now out of print, but until I do if you are interested in my writing please go to Lapwing ( see link below) who are now the only publisher currently selling my books.


 https://the-scum-gentry-alternative-arts.com/ross-breslin-poetry-review-elm-tree-peter-o-neill/


https://poethead.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/the-elm-tree-by-peter-oneill/


https://thegalwayreview.com/2012/12/16/five-poems-by-peter-o-neill/


https://sites.google.com/a/lapwingpublications.com/lapwing-store/peter-o-neill

No comments:

Post a Comment