Total Pageviews

Monday, December 2, 2019

Reading University, Spring 2020, Gare Saint Lazare Players 3rd How It Is Symposium


Booking my flights, trains and accommodation today so that I might spend a little more time in The Samuel Beckett Research Center researching Comment c'est/How It Is. The symposium, which is due to take place on the 4th of May, is the third to be held by Gare Saint Lazare Players. I have already attended the previous two held in both Paris and Cork over the last two years. I am extremely grateful to both Conor and Judy (Hegarty) Lovett for inviting me along again. Their stage productions of How It Is have been immensely inspiring. All of this research which I am doing is fueling my own creative output. I am currently preparing my fifth essay on Comment c'est/How It Is all of which will make up a book, to be published hopefully someday. It is to be the final installment in my latest trilogy named after Giambattista Vico, the 18th century Neapolitan philosopher who had such a profound influence on Finnegans Wake and which was to later influence Beckett in the composition of his last great attempt at the novel. I will spend a short working week in Reading thanks Conor and Judy, going over the manuscripts there, work which will hopefully prove to be useful to me in this ongoing project.

https://www.elischools.com/

 https://www.reading.ac.uk/beckett/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment