Total Pageviews

Monday, November 25, 2019

5Oth issue of A New Ulster - Reading with David Rigsbee and Michael J.Whelan


I have had a big history with A New Ulster, the poetry journal printed by Amos Greig, son of Dennis at Lapwing. I show up 31 times on the website of the publication. That's a lot of submissions printed... Amos has a background in history, and we both share very similar tastes in literature. It was always a pleasure chatting with him. Like his father, he too suffers due to ill health. That's something I have come to understand myself, so I have a lot of sympathy and compassion. Life's not easy, when you have added health complications...

Three years ago, they printed their 50th issue. So, with the poets David Rigsbee ( USA ) and Michael J. Whelan ( Tallaght ), we decided to have a group reading to celebrate the occasion. The reading took place in Books Upstairs, I remember.

Click on the link below to able to see back issues of the magazine, there is a lot of my writing available there. Reviews, poems, even the odd essay and some translations of course...

 https://sites.google.com/site/anewulster/system/app/pages/search?scope=search-site&q=peter+o%27neill

  https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/fame-awaits-for-karen-perry-s-girl-unknown-1.2862958

No comments:

Post a Comment