Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

MARK ULYSEAS & LIVE ENCOUNTERS POETRY AND WRITING




Editors come in all shapes and sizes, you can get a feel for them in the first
email that they send you back. If the news is good obviously it helps in the
overall context of the discussion. But, there is more than that. At least for me.
Like in all relationships, business or otherwise, I need to like what the person
is all about. With editors this is usually very clear, as their personality, at least
the idea(l)s that they stand for, should be very clear. If not, there's something
not quite right there. 

I don't remember exactly offhand when I first contacted Mark in connection
with publishing some of my writing in Live Encounters. I think it must have
been three years ago now. No, it was two!



It seems longer ago now, so  much has happened since then. I loved the way
he had included the images, particularly of the Swoop Owl. It just showed
some vision and initiative. Then there was the inclusion of the image of the sheep
for my Ballybaa sequence, I had done a study of the appearance of the motif
of the sheep in Beckett's Molloy its very much a derogatory symbol with the 
naming of the town then Ballybaa just another sign in the set or paradigm.
I must post that essay that I wrote about this most marvelous novel here
someday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment