Total Pageviews

Friday, May 8, 2020

RUMOR - SILVA MERJANIAN - A REVIEW 2015


                                                                                           



 One of the best things that happened to me, upon finally getting published in 2013/4, was getting to engage with other writers. Silva Merjanian is one whom I immediately felt an affinity to; all of the writers I connect with have suffered trauma, deep human trauma. 

This is not something willed, believe me. Though, nor is it the plea of the tortured artist. Let us just say that some shit is simply REAL, and writing is but one way of dealing with it. Catharsis is the word Aristotle uses in his Poetics. Silva Merjanian is a cathartic writer. I was very happy to befriend her on Facebook where indeed I met a lot of fellow writer-poets, whatever about Zuckerberg the company he created sure helps to make some real world connections possible. When Silva's second book of poems came out some years ago I was only too happy to write a short review of it for The Galway Review - whatever the hell a 'Ppoeteter' is ??? What is that, something between a poet and a potato?

Must definitely be Irish that....   


No comments:

Post a Comment