Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2019



Just back from a short holiday in Corfu with my wife Laura/Alessia, pictured above . On arriving home I found that the Editor of Live Encounters Mark Ulyseas had tagged me with the following publication.

 https://liveencounters.net/le-poetry-writing-2019/07-july-pw-2019/peter-oneill-two-sonnets/

These two sonnets, wonderfully translated here into French by Yan Kouton, are taken from a book that Yan and I are both working on called Henry Street Arcade. The book, which will be bilingual ( English and French ) is split into a number of sections. These two sonnets, 4 counting Yan's translations, are taken from the first section called Commuting with Baudelaire. 

Literary taste is of course completely personal. For example, a lot of people I've bumped into in Ireland over the last few years have been raving to me about villanelles and the poetry of Emily Bishop, but give me a sonnet and the poetry of Baudelaire and William Shakespeare any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment